Wednesday, November 3, 2010

My Day

Yesterday was all cold and rainy all day long. Seriously, the rain never let up once. Today's weather was cold and grey. Some rain, not even half as much as yesterday.
So, I had to get up early to go to the dentist. So, I'm dragging myself out of my nice warm bed - it's cold outside after all - and he calls and tells me that he's closing the office today because of a death. Well, for him, that must suck but for me? I get to go back to bed!
Then, after everyone got up, the baby wants to go for a walk. In the cold. So, I have to find shoes, socks, jackets, etc. While doing this I found my sewing needle! Yay! So now I can make the velvet project bag for my swap partner that should've been done a week ago. It doesn't have to go out yet, I plan on mailing December 1, that'll give it plenty of time to reach its destination.
We went to the library. We live in small town, the new books are often old books before they get here. But today, I found a new James Patterson called Don't Blink. I believe it is actually a few months old but whatever, I haven't read it. Yay!
We made lunch, made brownies, ate the brownies. Got a good new brownie recipe out of a Rachael Ray magazine but it didn't turn out quite right this time, I don't know why. Then the mail came. I love getting mail especially when it includes A BRAND NEW KNITPICKS CATALOG!
Fun, fun, fun. I spent a lot of time going thru it. I think I'd like to try some colorwork with the Palette yarn - the ornament kit looks fantastic and not too hard. They also have some really nice new sock patterns that be great to work up. No new yarns this time around but in the spring there will be.
Well, pretty good day for me. What about you?

No comments: