Saturday, November 6, 2010

Mittens

It has been quite chilly the past few days, dropping down to the low 30s at night and the high 50s during the day. Just last week it was in the 70s and 80s! I've been pulling out my handknits like my fingerless gloves (made from my "Fruity Oat Bar" yarn from the Firefly swap) and my rainbow skull hat (from the Pirate swap). But the problem with fingerless gloves - my fingers are still cold! So I did a search on Ravelry and found some really nice mitten patterns.
1.Vinterblomster mittens These are colorwork gloves and very pretty. The pattern comes in English and Norwegian.
2. Egyptian Mittens These are another colorwork pattern, a bit more traditional. It only comes in Finnish but the chart represents every stitch and so shouldn't be too hard to follow if you can read charts.
3. Classic Mittens These are the typical gloves that are easy to make up since there is no fingers to knit on tiny needles. Also easy to customize with stripes, a pattern, whatever
4. Baby Mittens These are super cute to make if you've a small baby! Plus they don't take much yarn so you can easily make a pair out of leftover yarn.
5. Yarn Harlot Thrummed Mittens The new "hot" thing seems to be thrummed mittens and these are from the Yarn Harlot - one of my favorite knitting people!

No comments: