Okay, I LOVE knitting socks. They're my favorite thing to knit plus sock yarn is so versatile - you can use it for all sorts of things from socks to hats to shawls. So, when I got the Interweave Magazine e newsletter today I was thrilled to see it all about their new sock magazine. Now, no where in the newsletter does it mention that you have to pay for it. So I click on the link. They want $14.97 for ONE issue??!! Whoa, hold on there! That's a heck of a lot of money for three patterns! You can buy a frigging book on Amazon for that much money, with a lot more patterns in it.
For example -
1. Getting Started Knitting Socks by Ann Budd $12.89
2. The Sock Knitter's Workshop: Everything Knitters Need to Knit Socks Beautifully by Ewa Jostes $13.59
3. Knitting The Perfect Pair: Secrets To Great Socks by Dorothy T Ratigan $4.22 (WOW!!!!)
4. Socks - Socks - Socks: 70 Winning Patterns from Knitter's Magazine Contest by Elaine Rowley $14.96 (same price yes, but 70 patterns compared to 3)
5. The Sock Knitter's Workshop: Everything Knitters Need to Knit Socks Beautifully by Ewa Jostes and Stephanie van der Linden $13.59
Even better, most of those, and I didn't even list half as many sock books as there is, are CHEAPER then the ONE issue of Sockupied! Hmm, what is a better bargain then?