Monday, April 19, 2010

Vogue Stitchionary

I really want one of the Vogue Stitchionaries but they're kinda expensive and I don't have the money for it. So when I discovered some of the stitches were online at the Vogue knitting site, I was thrilled! HERE is the link!
I cannot wait to try out the evergreen lace on the shawl I am designing. The yarn is a vintage wool, a dark green, and I'm using copper colored beads. It reminds me of a Christmas tree so I really wanted to try to find some kind of tree or leaf based lace for the lace panel. Not as easy as it sounds nor does it seem possible to find one that looks like it'll work for heavy worsted yarn. Most lace stitches are meant for lace or fingering weight and just don't look right in heavier yarns. However, I'm not too fond of lighter weight yarns so many of my projects are done in heavy yarns, like the shawl I'm working on :) Well, that, and the yarn is just so pretty!

No comments: