Thursday, March 4, 2010

I am back again :)

Well, I was going to give y'all a little present. An easy baby socks pattern to be exact, but it seems I cannot write it out as easily as I can knit it. Sooo, until I can figure that one out... how about a different post?

I participated in the Ravelympics this year. I've never done that before. Have any of you? I made the River Tam, which can be found HERE. It's not very hard, basically just ribbing and yarnovers but I really really really HATE ribbing. So, I made it anyway and finished with three days to spare :) It turned out really nice and I've been wearing it a lot. I did make a few mistakes, but you wouldn't notice them unless I told you.

It was my first knitting project with alpaca and truthfully, I don't see what the big deal is. It really felt no differently then Caron Simply Soft. Only difference I could tell was when I went to block the hat. The hat, when it is knitted, looks like a triangle until it is blocked. Then, I saw the difference in alpaca. Caron Simply Soft would have just stayed a triangle. But alpaca when damp and stretched over a plate, turns into a flat circle. This is because alpaca fibers stretch out when wet and dry in whatever position you've put them into. Cool, huh?

Sorry for not posting in a while, there are nine people in my house, eight of whom use the computer and it is our television as well. Not enough hours in the day!!

No comments: