Saturday, November 14, 2009

Holiday Knitting

I bet many of you have got lots of holiday knitting or crafting to do! So do I, altho I am finding it difficult to keep motivated on one certain project.
What is everyone making? For my grandfather, I knitted a pillow. I always do. I used to sew them but then I got into knitting. He doesn't mind, he just likes getting a new pillow every Christmas :)
For my two little sisters, ages 6 and 8, I am knitting cardigans. This is what they have requested and I found a beautiful pattern HERE and even found some fur yarn on sale (altho I HATE that yarn. I now know why Hobby Lobby quit making it. Stuff is way to hard to work with.) I am using Joann Sensations Rainbow Classic in white to make both. The gauge works up the same as the Patons Shetland Chunky that the original designer used and for a lot less (okay, free for me, thank you grandma and grandpa. I did OFFER to pay for it!). I love the cardigan, how it looks and everything but it is so boring to make! It's simple garter stitch for 20 inches and that's it. Nothing fancy at all, which is one reason why I chose it, but it is SO boring. I have one body done and I'm working on the second but no sleeves on either. Any ideas to make this project less boring so I can get it done before Christmas Day? I promised they'd been done by then!

1 comment:

Maiden Jane said...

You are ambitious. I'm hoping to knit my husband a pair of socks, but I'm not really that fast, so if that doesn't work out it will be for his birthday! I'm hoping to make my mother-in-law a vest on the machine. I don't have suggestions for garter, but I have trained myself to do garter with minimal eye contact. I have even propped books on tables and had the knitting on my lap. Maybe that would make it less boring.