Saturday, September 12, 2009

Fun Purse Pattern




Size 17 needles (altho I've also done this with 15s)
1 Skein Red Heart Super Saver yarn, Black (or any color)
1 Skein Patons Cha Cha yarn,mine was white with multi color flecks (Any "furry" yarn will work, I've also used Fun Fur)
1 button
yarn needle
crochet hook - optional
fabric for lining- optional

gauge is not too important, it varies with the size needles and the yarn you use. Most bags will end up being about 8 inches long.

Front

Holding both yarns as 1, cast on 12 stitches. Work in St st until Cha Cha yarn is about gone, with 12 inches or so left. Bind off.

Back

Holding 2 strands of Super Saver together as 1, cast on 12 stitches. Work in garter stitch until back is as long as the front. Knit two more rows, then decrease 1 stitch at each end of the row until 5 sts remain. Make button hole in center. Continue decreasing until no more sts.

Sew or crochet together. Sew button onto front. For a strap you can either make an icord, I find that is stonger, or crochet a strap. The pink fur purse I have pictures of here has an icord strap.

2 comments:

~SHANNON~ said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I always love new visitors. I see this is a pretty new blog! I love followers, and I'm hoping you do too? So I added myself to yours!

I can't sew sadly- but I think it's such an awesome skill to develop! Go you!!!

Minttusuklaa H said...

It's pretty! I like it very much, even though in Finland we don't have that kind of yarn.

Minttusuklaa